Sitting just north of Boston on the Nahant Bay, Life Care Center of the North Shore is close to many attractions and amenities in the area. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Nahant Beach Reservation provides access to two beaches on the North Shore: King’s Beach and Long Beach. Visitors can sunbathe, fish, boat, swim or play various sports in the athletic facilities.
- The Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau provides links to attractions, events, hotels and restaurants in and around the city.
- The Grand Army of the Republic Museum is a museum dedicated to exhibiting the mementos from most of the major wars in U.S. history, including the Revolutionary War, the Civil War and both World Wars. Formerly a Union post in the Civil War, this museum is one of three Grand Army of the Republic halls left in the country.
- The Lynn Woods Reservation offers 2,200 acres of trails, woodlands, reservoirs, an amphitheater, a tower and an underground tunnel rumored to hold pirate treasure.
- Lynn Museum and Historical Society dedicates its exhibits to the education and preservation of the history of Lynn. Exhibits include the history of shoemaking and manufacturing in the city, paintings and textiles.